We understand that caring for your Bellisa X can be abit of a mission b'cos we love to use soooo many different textures and types of fabric on 1 garment! So this means everything has to be very delicately hand-washed and left to dry flat naturally ( full care instructions will be on all your postage notes.) We've put together a step-by-step guide to help caring for your faux fur fluff just that little easier...
1. Fill bath/ sink with enough cold water to submerge the jacket in. Add a little washing powder and any nice-smelling fabric softner. Give the water a mix around.
2. Once bath is full, gently submerge the jacket in the water. ** Before you put the jacket in water it's a good idea to check all pockets are empty and pick out any bits of.. nature ( plants, twigs) that your jacket may have collected on it's adventures.
3. Gently swirl/ rub the jacket in the water for about 5-10 minutes. (The water should start go a dirty colour )
4. Lift jacket out the water. Please note it will be very heavy b'cos its soaked up all the water. Hold the jacket over the edge of the bath to let the majority of the water drain out. Ring out areas where large amounts of water have collected at the end. P.s the water will be a even gross colour now
5. Once the heavy bulk of water has been drained, lie jacket open and flat on a towel. The towel will soak up even more water. It's a good idea at this point to also brush the fur in the correct direction ( downwards) so that it drys neat. Leave jacket fot at least 6 hours.
6. Once the jacket has mostly dried- only dampness should remain and water should not drip from it when held up- zip and hang jacket up in a boiler room to finished drying.
7. Once fully dried, use a hair brush to smooth out the fur. Make sure you brush the correct way ( downwards.)
8. Your fluff is sweet- smelling and ready to be worn! You may wanna use a lint roller now to remove any extra bits that could be caught in the fleece. For best results, we'd advise to wash your jacket as little as possible to retain the fluffiess of fur. If still in doubt, take it to a dry-cleaners for them to work their magic! -B X